Chapter Goals and Objectives
– Promote professional ethics and standards through communication and educational programs.
|– To offer quality educational programs on a local level in order to keep travel and related costs to a minimum.|
|– Promote the field of orthotics and prosthetics through athletic sponsorship to individuals.|
|– To communicate relevant state and national O&P news|
|– Pursue New York State Licensure for Orthotic & Prosthetic Services. Reduced registration fees for Chapter Programs|
New York State
Anyone practicing prosthetics and/or orthotics in the State of New York. Voting member is a member of and in good standing with the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists in addition to being a member of the New York State Chapter of AAOP ( A complete definition is in the Chapter bylaws).
– Reduced registration fees for Chapter Programs
– Membership Certificate for framing, a different format each year
– Membership directory for New York State AAOP
– Use of the Chapter photo exhibit
– Athletic sponsorship for members’ patients
– Access to Chapter Web site: www.NYSAAOP.org for all chapter happenings and updates.